Friday 25 March 2016

Last Week

Ended up being quite busy the back end of last week and not managing to get the reports up, however the sessions were fairly uninspiring anyway!

Last Tuesday I decided I would try Llanbadrig and fish further round the headland than I have done previously. I arrived to sunshine but a brisk easterly wind meant layering up like the Michelin Man to keep warm. It was about mid flood tide as I started fishing at the rip around the headland was pretty strong so I kept my casts closer in slightly out of the current. To cut down on the waffle, this was a massive blank, even the tide getting slacker towards high didn't result in any fish. The only fishing action I got was one bite which I missed, and not long after that I had an octopus. I was kept entertained by a pod of porpoises, I think, that were doing a bit of surfing/hunting in the current. The novelty wore off as they started to move further offshore and I was left thinking with the weather we were having I should have gone to the otherside of the island.


Thursday looked spot on for a bash at the rays, and after not catching anything notable for a few weeks I was itching to get out there. I went straight from work but had to take a detour over the Menai Bridge, as there was an incident on Britannia Bridge. I'm not sure whether this cost me time or saved me waiting in traffic but as I got to the car park a couple of fellas had just scarped down the track and sure enough were heading to "the hotspot". I settled for the rock next to them but the fishing was very poor as I only managed about three whiting and two doggies all night, with baits coming back basically untouched about low water I got fed up and called it a night.

I had considered a trip to Cymyran on Saturday night but being very weary and unmotivated I binned that plan for the time being in order to recharge.

No comments:

Post a Comment